SIVTalk Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: corpseedItes1 on Sep 08, 2026, 12:38 PM

Title: Import Export Code (IEC) Registration Through DGFT
Post by: corpseedItes1 on Sep 08, 2026, 12:38 PM
I'm trying to understand the process of getting an Import Export Code (IEC) for starting an import-export business in India. From what I understand, IEC is issued by the DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade) and is generally required for businesses involved in importing or exporting goods.

The application is submitted online through the DGFT portal (https://www.corpseed.com/service/dgft-export-import-license). You'll typically need business details, PAN, bank account details and other basic information to complete the application.

I was mainly confused about the DGFT login, IEC application process and required documents. If anyone has recently applied for an IEC, it would be helpful to know how straightforward the process is and whether there are any common mistakes to avoid.

Would appreciate any practical experience or tips from people who have completed their IEC registration (https://www.corpseed.com/service/import-export-code) recently.