Import Export Code (IEC) Registration Through DGFT

Started by corpseedItes1, Sep 08, 2026, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corpseedItes1

I'm trying to understand the process of getting an Import Export Code (IEC) for starting an import-export business in India. From what I understand, IEC is issued by the DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade) and is generally required for businesses involved in importing or exporting goods.

The application is submitted online through the DGFT portal. You'll typically need business details, PAN, bank account details and other basic information to complete the application.

I was mainly confused about the DGFT login, IEC application process and required documents. If anyone has recently applied for an IEC, it would be helpful to know how straightforward the process is and whether there are any common mistakes to avoid.

Would appreciate any practical experience or tips from people who have completed their IEC registration recently.



Apply for BOCW Registration online with complete guidance. Get details on eligibility, documents, process, and hassle-free Building Worker registration support.